Friday, January 30, 2009

Putting in the Dock

I can't say I have much experience with this. Two years ago Seth and I shouted directions from the shore, dipping our toes in the icy water now and then to hand Doug and Steve a section of the dock. No, this cold and thankless job has usually fallen to the older men of the family, and even they have wised up - I believe the new tradition will be to hire out the putting in and taking out of the docks. Will anyone miss it? Will a new generation step up and reclaim the ritual? It sure is a good reason for a mid-afternoon shot of whiskey...for some, that might just be reason enough. - Angie








1 comment:

  1. First I was going to reply to Angie's initiation email, but then I thought, why email when I can post! As a first time blogger I say well played by Angie. But, does the blog come with an online calendar? :)

    ReplyDelete